According to the World Health Organization, a chronic lung virus that originated in China has now spread to Almost All Over the World . The Corona virus has infected more than seven million people in the world so far, and killed more than 54,000.
What are the symptoms?
- It apparently starts with a fever followed by a dry cough.
- After a week there is difficulty breathing.
- It should be noted that the symptoms of nosebleeds and sneezing are very rare in this infection
According to the World Health Organization, the duration of the infection from exposure to symptoms is 14 days. But some researchers say it can be up to 24 days.
Some Chinese scientists believe that some people can cause infection even before symptoms appear.
How Deadly is the Corona Virus ?
World Health Organization WHO says after reviewing data from 44,000 patients infected with the virus
- 81% of people had mild symptoms
- Severe symptoms appeared in 14%
- Five percent of people became seriously ill
The mortality rate for this disease, named Cod 19, was one to two percent, but the numbers cannot be trusted.
Thousands are still undergoing treatment, and mortality may increase. But it is also unclear how many cases of mild symptoms are not reported, in which case the mortality may be even lower.
One billion people suffer from influenza every year, and between 200,000 and 600,000 people are killed. The severity of the flu changes every year.
Is Corona Virus Curable ?
It is currently being treated in basic ways, keeping the patient’s body active, assisting with breathing, as long as his immune system is able to fight the virus.
However, vaccine preparations are under way and it is expected that by the end of this year, the drug will be tested on humans.
The hospitals have begun using pre-existing drugs against the virus to see if they have any effect.
How Can We protect ourselves ?
World Health Organization says:
- Wash your hands with soap or gel that can kill the virus.
- Cover your mouth with coughing or sneezing, it is best to wash your hands from the tissue, and immediately afterwards, so that the virus does not spread.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth after touching any surface. Being infected with a virus, it can enter your body.
- Don’t go near people who are coughing, sneezing or having fever. Virus drops from their mouths can flow into the atmosphere. Keep at least one meter, or three feet, from such persons.
- If nature feels bad, stay home. If you have a fever, cough or difficulty breathing, seek immediate medical help. Follow the instructions of the medical authorities.
How fast it is Spreading ?
Thousands of new cases are being reported every day. However, analysts say that in fact it may be spreading far beyond that, at least 10 times as much as is reported in official statistics.
It has spread to South Korea, Italy, Iran so far, after which it is feared it will become a global epidemic. The global outbreak of any infection is called the outbreak when it spreads to different parts of the world.
The World Health Organization says they are concerned about the number of special cases that are indirectly related to China. The company says that the chances of the virus being exposed are increasing.
With winter colds and flu spreading more rapidly, it is likely that climate change will help prevent the spread of the outbreak.
However, a virus similar to the Corona virus ‘Middle East Respiratory Syndrome’ spreads to Saudi Arabia over the summer. Therefore, there is no guarantee that the summer will stop the outbreak.
How did it all start?
The virus itself is not ‘new’. It’s just new to humans. It has come from one creature to another.
Many early cases were linked to a market in Wuhan in China where animal meat was found.
In China, many people are very close to animals that can transmit the virus. And densely populated cities mean the disease can spread easily.
The disease, called cirrhosis, also started with the Corona virus. It started with bats and ended up being humans through Sweat Cat.
The SARS outbreak killed 774 people in China in 2002, and more than eight thousand were affected.
This is the seventh variant of the recent virus Corona virus and no changes have been seen so far. But when the situation is resolved, scientists will take a closer look at it.